This style displays the traditional, rustic features of a log home coupled with a stunning and powerful ambiance. Each one is truly unique.
Logs are air dried, hand-peeled with a drawknife and hand scribed. They are then chiseled and cut to allow for a perfect fit to the log below. The home is assembled to ensure accuracy and is inspected to insure log walls will remain tight after natural settling. Logs are labelled according to construction plans, disassembled and shipped to you!
- Your choice of Douglas Fir, Western Red Cedar or Spruce
- Average wall log diameter of 13″-14″ at the midpoint, 12″-18″ at the ends.
- Diamond or Saddle corner notching.
- Scribe fit using V joint lateral grooves with a minimum 3″ width.
- Notch and Groove insulating.
- Drilling for through bolting.
- Drilling and flattening for electrical wiring.
- Log joists cut flat for decking, roof purlins and ridgepoles cut to the roof pitch.
- Flattening, slotting and ledge cuts for subsequent frame and finish materials.
- Bottom round flattened to rest solidly on floor.
- Window and door openings final cut, sanded and ready for unit installation. Keyway boards incl.
- Sanding of all exposed chainsaw cuts, including bevel cuts, log end trim, archways, & flats.
- Roof framing up to sheeting, as well as soffit & fascia material
- Porch roof framing up to sheeting & 1×6 Douglas Fir ceilings
- Pella Pro-Line windows and exterior doors
Please contact us for a full list of available options